10 Questions to Ask Before Replacing your HVAC System
Below is a checklist that will help you find the best solution for replacement.
- Will the company provide a free estimates service? There should be no surprise fees when a service is provided by Absotemp. Every cost will already be in the estimate.
- Is it necessary to get forced-air cooling and heating?Remember that you can always opt for other alternatives. There are also radiant heat systems and heat pumps that function just as well.
- What should the size of my system be? Simply matching your existing system’s specifications may not be your best buy, especially if you’ve added on to your home. Absotemp will personally calculate your home’s heating and cooling needs before any free estimate.
- Do I need multiple heating and cooling zones? If you are going for a replacement, make sure you don’t just go for the same specs as that of your old system. If you’ve had home renovations and added more rooms and spaces, it may be good to consider another size.
- Do I need a humidifier or a dehumidifier? This is a question that can be answered once you have already tested the humidity level of your home. Sometimes, you may need to get both to cater to different seasons.
- Will I qualify for utility rebates for the system I buy? Yes, homeowners can receive up to $1000 in utility rebates with qualifying systems.
- Do I get special manufacturer rebates and offers? Yes, Trane offers rebate programs in the fall and summer. Also, Trane is currently offering special financing for 72 months to qualifying customers with approved credit.
- Will my HVAC system be efficient? You need to look at the operating costs in the long run, and not just the cost of the unit itself.
- What are the different filter types? There are types of filters that improve indoor air quality. There are also washable and disposable ones.
- Is there a service plan for maintaining and protecting my HVAC system? Replacing your system is a huge decision and investment. It is only wise that you make sure you call Absotemp Climate Control. We offer guarantees and discounts on our repairs. We also offer 10-year part warranties on new systems. We will be able to guide you in making the right decision.
At Absotemp Climate Control, we also offer financing, with approved credit, for your heating system replacement. Call us to get an inspection today and we will give you a complete estimate on the services that you will need.